Elevate your Instant Pot presentation by placing a flavorful stuffing inside your protein. Do this simple trick and you’ve instantly got a gorgeous meal in minutes that’s fit for your family and looks impressive for guests.
In this version of stuffed sea bass, Greek herbs are added to the steaming liquid and infiltrate the fish with a hint of additional flavor while cooking. Sea bass is a protein packed fish that gets much of its flavor from the healthy oils that it contains. This lean, buttery meat has a rich assortment of nutrients and is high in inflammation fighting vitamin D and essential omega-3 fatty acids.
For the filling, a traditional kale dip is modified into a healthy stuffing mixture by combining fresh chopped kale with yogurt instead of mayonnaise and cream cheese. The tartness of the yogurt pairs perfectly with feta to give this filling a unique taste and creaminess that is reminiscent of a tzatziki sauce. Serve this up with additional kale prepared as a fresh chopped salad or steamed at the same time as your sea bass for an easy Instant Pot side dish.
Instant Pot Kale Stuffed Sea Bass
Calories 191, Protein 32g, Total Carbs 4g, Fat 6g
Prep time: 15 min, Closed Pot Time: 20 min
- 4 sea bass filets, about 1/2-3/4” thick
- Sprinkle of pepper, salt, oregano
- 1-2 leaves of kale, de-stemmed and finely chopped (or additional if you wish to make steamed kale as a side dish, as well)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Sprinkle of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- In a bowl, combine the kale, garlic feta, lemon juice, and yogurt.
- Slice a pocket into one side of each sea bass filet being careful not to cut all the way through the other sides.
- Spoon equal amounts of the kale yogurt mixture into each pocket in the fish.
- Sprinkle fish with salt, pepper, and oregano on all sides.
- In the bottom of the Instant Pot, stir together all of the steaming liquid ingredients.
- Place the trivet into the Instant Pot and add the fish on top of the trivet.
- If you wish to make steamed kale as well, add additional chopped kale leaves on top of the fish and sprinkle with additional salt, pepper, lemon juice, and oregano.
- Secure lid on the pot and close pressure-release valve.
- Select STEAM and cook 3 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a quick release to depressurize.
- Lift the trivet out of the pot and plate the fish.
- Drizzle with some of the steaming liquid to serve.